Top Social

.
11/20/2015

Glossy box - Nars edition

I have wanted to get my little mitts on some Nars cosmetics for quite some time, as soon as I received the email that glossy box would be collaborating with them, well that was it... The date was on the chalk board and the alarm was set on my phone for the second it went on sale. I had already forwarded the email to my mum explaining how I would just cry if i didn't get one and that she would need to try get one for me too (back up plan was well in place)



I was beyond excited to open this, I practically snatched it from the post man and actually tripped up the stairs because I was in such a hurry to get it open! I sat on the bed caressing the box with the big decision in my head... Rip the lid off and tear it open in 0.001 seconds or savour it and delicately undo the sticker... Which one do you think I went with?



As you can see for blog purposes I had to open it as gently as possible! Haha.

Included in the box: 

Audacious mascara
Larger than life eyeliner 
The multiple 
Blush 
Satin lip pencil 



Audacious - full size £21
I use the same mascara day in day out, it's the one product in my beauty bag I never ever change because I simply don't need to. It's suited me just fine the last 8 years so I didn't expect to really think much of this. Once I saw the wand on this mascara I thought maybe just maybe my mind could be changed and I have to confess I actually rather like it! It's made my lashes look really long! I do have to admit that I used my beloved usual mascara over it because I wanted to separate them more but I think from now on I will be buying two mascaras - damn it. 



Larger than life eyeliner - full size £19
This one right here claims to stay put for 12 hours, I actually believe that may well be the case because I was struggling to rub it off. I'm not by any means a pro with an eyeliner but this isn't personally something I will purchase. I much prefer liquid. I found this SO difficult to apply, I was smudging it everywhere! 




The multiple in orgasm - full size £29
Woooooow I love this!! I will buy this for sure. The colour is perfect for me and it's so easy to use. It's called the multiple for the obvious reason it can be used everywhere! Cheekbones, lips, eyes and even as a body shimmer. I used it to contour almost - I ran it over my cheeks, nose and Cupid bow. It's the perfect highlight. Not too shimmery and my skin looks lovely and glowing! 





Blush in orgasm - full size £23
I currently use a Mac blusher which I was happy with but I think this colour may be better for me, it's the perfect little partner in crime for the multiple. During the day I will use it very lightly just to give me a little colour then in the evening layer it over the multiple for a more luminous finish. It suggests blending it into your cheeks, jaw line, tip of nose and along the jaw.



Satin lip pencil in rikugein - full size £19
How on earth do you say what colour this is? Oh well it doesn't matter because I will always have it in my handbag now. The dusty pink shade is adorable, and it's so moisturising. I have such a daily struggle with lip products drying my lips out so this has made my day. I just tapped the pencil in the centre of my lips and used my finger to smudge it outwards. I used the tiniest amount so I can see this product going a long way. It looks super effortless and natural however it can easily be transitioned to evening by applying it like a lipstick. I put it on a couple of hours ago and I've had lunch and it's still on my lips... Hooray! 


First swatch is the lip pencil and the second is the multiple. 




I love the Nars packaging. It's black and has a rubber feel to it. I'm such a sucker for packaging and I love the look of these products. I'm certainly going to be investing in more Nars cosmetics. I'm a complete newbie so please comment on what your favourite products are so I can start my collection!

Ashley xoxo 










Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment